Possible Afternoon Activities
We have not made any plans for afternoon activities, and we will not make any attempt to stick together as a group. The possibilities we have thought of are shown below. For more information on these, click on the links, and do notice that they may not all open every day. If you know of any other interesting possibilities, please tell me so that I can add them to this page.
Tuesday and Wednesday
- The Swanage Railway should be running when we are there. It usually runs steam trains.
- Corfe Castle is the ruined castle which gives the village its name. It is a National Trust property.
- The Corfe Castle Model Village is a model of the village as it is believed to have looked in 1646.
- The bus to Bournemouth stops close to the hotel, and crosses the ferry to Sandbanks.
- You can get off the Bournemouth bus at Sandbanks and take another ferry to the nature reserve at Brownsea Island, where you might see red squirrels.
- If you like sandy beaches, you can’t do better than Studland Bay. National Trust members park free.
- There is a spectacular viewpoint at Old Harry Rocks, which can be reached from either the hotel or the Studland Bay car park.
- There is an RSPB reserve at Arne east of Wareham.
- If you have the energy for more walking, you could visit Lulworth Cove and walk to Durdle Door.